Things i’ve learned and reasons for participating in Audiomo.
This is going to be a list post! I haven’t done one of those in a while, and it will be my first list post on WordPress! For my Tumblr followers who should now be reading on http://lifes-adventures.me, I’m not going to do any fancy list formatting, because I don’t really care about the Tumblr site or dashboard anymore. So let’s start with the reasons for doing Audiomo.
- To challenge myself to come up with something to record every day.
- To fill the time I would be planning for Blogathon. I’m not doing Blogathon this year, (or for the foreseeable future, and the preparation does take some time,) to pass that time, I decided to do Audiomo.
- To see what kind of recordings I could come up with. I recorded everything from me rambling on about WordPress themes, to my Dexa scan, to the sound of fried chicken cooking.
- to get back into Audioblogging/audiotweeting.
Now for the things I learned.
- I learned about the app Melt, which allows you to do short 1 minute recordings. I haven’t used it very much though, and I’m not sure if I’ll continue using it.
- I learned how to record with Audacity, Audio editing still escapes me, but I can at least record with the thing.
- I learned that recording sounds is fun, but it’s also necessary to do some posts where you just talk, too many posts with just sounds isn’t good, but too many talking posts isn’t either. I might have had too many of those this year.
- Just today, I finally learned that you can’t record audio with Chicken Nugget, but you can record files in Audacity and attach them for uploading to SNDUp.
Next year, I’d like to do a few more sound posts.
- I’d like to record what my apartment elevator and call box sound like, (assuming that both things are working, and assuming… of course, that I’m still living here.)
- I actually wanted to do a melt from the grocery store, but I never did it, because I thought it might be weird, maybe next year I’ll get around to doing it.
- I wanted to record throwing rocks with my niece at the river on Father’s day when we were there, but my phone was in my purse, and I wasn’t near it.
I don’t want to do more than 10-12 sound posts, (I think definitely anything more than 15 gets a bit annoying.) One thing I would like to do is do a bit more planning. I did wing it this year, so I did a lot of talking about my day, when I didn’t really have anything to talk about. On one occasion, I talked about a supreme court case, (Aereo,)I also talked about the anniversary of the NSA leaks on 6/5. I think I’d like to do a bit more of that, I’d like to maybe talk about news stories, or articles I’ve read, etc
PS, if you're following me on Twitter, you saw all my Audiomo links because I tweeted them, if you aren't, I'm @webgurl over there, and you don't have to follow me but you should probably open my timeline in some sort of Twitter client to see all 30 days worth of tweets, (preferably one that takes more than 20 tweets at a time.)