Thursday 13: Ideas for Meerkat.
OK, I haven’t done a Thursday 13 post in an extremely long time! So much so that Thursday 13 itself has changed URLs, it’s now here I have to admit I kind of cheated on this one, I only came up with 11 items on my list, and the last 2 are a bit of a disclaimer.
- Fix the comment button so that it works with Bluetooth keyboards, and in all streams. I think I’ve only gotten it to work a couple times.
- Fix the web interface so that it works in all browsers, OK… I’m not talking about IE 6 here, but I’m talking about Firefox, and the login errors with Twitter.
- Provide a favorites feature, OK… I’ve jumped into a lot of streams, but that doesn’t mean I want to be notified every single time they all go live. Provide a section where we can only be notified when let’s say a few of our friends, (or streams we like,) go live.
- Let us customize our profiles, not just the end streams. Provide room for a list of links to various places in our profiles, for instance, blogs, Youtube channels, etc, instead of just letting us put one link in the end stream.
- Fix the scheduling feature. In other words, when I say I’m going to stream in 30 minutes, don’t tweet out in 23 hours. Or just let me schedule exact times, like 10:30.
- Let me, (as the person who’s streaming,) have a feature where I can choose to only see comments from users that have them set to come through Twitter. I need to se Twitter mentions so that I actually have an alert or notification.
- Provide a simple widget for us to embed on our websites, when we’re live, let there just be a play button there, (it doesn’t have to autoplay.)
- I know this would be sometime down the road, but provide a way to stream from the web interface.
- Provide a facility for Audio only streaming, because I want to stream my church worship services, but without drawing attention to myself in church, so without holding the camera.
- Archive the streams. OK, there’s Katch, and it does an absolutely amazing job! However, providing some archiving would be good, even if it comes later down the road.
- Sometimes I like jumping into random streams for a while, provide a random stream button, (then you would probably have to provide filtering features though… unless you could write a good disclaimer.)
- I know Meerkat is in beta, and still in the early stages of development.
- These are just some random ideas I came up with after reading a 97 page legal document earlier today.