ThursdayLister: Things that have happened here the past 4 days.
It’s definitely been a busy first few days here at my parent’s house! I’ve decided to make a list of things that have happened.
- I’m all moved out of my old apartment! That happened last night, (with the last of the stuff coming to the house in dad’s utility trailer.)
- Melissa came for the first time yesterday. We definitely had fun running around. We picked up prescriptions, got a change-of-address form, and went to WalMart, not only that, but she managed to fill out said form, and start laundry in the time she was here, (we weren’t sure how long my parent’s washer would take, so she put it on normal wash and it took too long for the time she had left… woops!)
- Throughout the time I’ve been here, I’ve been listening to the American Counsel of the Blind national convention, which I do every year. Tomorrow is their last general session, (but it’s the big genral session that goes on all day, (well… until 3 anyway,) so I asked if Melissa could come back today.
- Sleep has been interesting, last night, I slept through the start of the general session! Well… they’re in Dalass, so their on central time, (which means the sessions are starting at 6:30 in the morning pacific time.) The past couple days before that, I was getting up at 5:30. I think I slept 6 hours the night before last, and about 4 hours the night before that. I didn’t sleep very well at all the first night, for several reasons.
- I’ve been working on my 101 things in 1001 days list a lot! Mostly reorganizing the list, as it’s pretty much a mess! I’m not planning to use catigories, but I am planning to have things somewhat organized…
- Posting to both blogs will probably be sporadic for a while while I’m here, as I just can’t predict what will happen when.
- I was able to get a bit of worship time in while mom went to get the kids a couple days ago, I’d like to get more in while I’m here.
- I’ve been taking advantage of the fact that my parents have both back and front porches, and have started taking some time outside. It might only be about 15-20 minutes a day, but I enjoy sitting out there, (when it isn’t extremely warm out!)
- Baby sitting has been happening here, as my mother has volunteered to watch my sister’s boyfriend’s kids every other week this summer. This is her week to baby sit, and that makes for both fun and stressful times for me.
- After I move, I’d like to start something that I’m tentatively calling “Thursday things,” I know… I know, I’ve started a couple memes/blog LinkUps, and they never took off. This is just going to be basically a copycat of Thursday 13, except for one thing, just make a list! Write about whatever you want, with however many items you want! Link to it on your blog and then come back and submit here, of course I’ll let those who don’t have a blog participate in the comments. This is my first edition of Thursday things! I might call it something else though, something with “list” in the name.