thoughts and things.
Wow, I do really need to get back on the blogging train. It’s been like a week and a half since my last post so I thought I’d just do a listy update post thingy.
- Tigger the cat is back. He isn’t as destructive as he was when I had him a year and a half ago, so that’s good. He’s still so-so on the night thing though. He’ll lay with me for about an hour or so, (long enough for me to sleep,) then he jumps off the bed for about another hour or so. When he comes back he starts meowing and whining for attention. He probably does this about 10-15 times per day. I do try to give him lots of attention in the mornings when I’m doing my talk radio listening, and in the evenings when we go to bed. I also try to get 3-5 minute pet breaks in 3-4 times a day. Sometimes he likes a lot and sometimes just a minute, (if that.)
- I turn 34 in 2 days. Melissa and I are planning a day trip out of town, and as of yet I have no idea what my parents are planning, since I’m not really allowed to make the plans there. Let’s just say that I can specify things I want and/or what I want for dinner, but as for the day of such events, I don’t have any sort of say.
- Monday was like a normal day for me. I know the eclipse was intensely beautiful, and I’m sure there were some people who thought I should go outside and hear what I heard but I got busy doing whatever I was doing and just didn’t.
- I’m compiling an updated list of alternatives to Google services, so I can post them somewhere. Google has done a lot of bad things for the internet lately, including firing James Damore, and censoring sites/channels that don’t fit their views. They’ve also demonitized many, many videos. I haven’t decided where I’m going to post it though, it really isn’t a personal blog type thing.
- I’m experimenting with TOR, (ya know, the thing that anonymizes your internet browsing so that well… hopefully ISPs and governments don’t see what your looking at. So far, it seems to be working well.
- must blog more! I’ll work on that over the next few weeks or so.